Why Should I Get TESOL Certified?
There's something that is driving you to get certified in TESOL. You may look at this as an entrance to the field of Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages as their first career, a step into a new career, or as a complement to their careers.
Knowing what you're going to do once you've successfully completed the SIT TESOL Certificate Course is very important in considering how being TESOL certified supports your professional and personal goals.
TESOL offers exciting opportunities for people who feel themselves drawn to working with non-native English speakers in their communities and abroad.
Watch: Christina Romero talk about why she got
TESOL Certified at John Kongsvik's training center.
Here are four categories of people and why they choose to get TESOL Certified. Consider which one(s) you identify with most.
Get TESOL Certified with John Kongsvik in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
Reasons for Getting TESOL Certified
People of all different backgrounds are drawn to the TESOL field. Here are 4 of the most common types.
- They are currently volunteers in a group that offers tutoring in English. This type of person usually wants the skills taking the course develops. They see themselves continuing what they are doing and possibly finding a paid job locally.
- They have jobs and have always wanted to teach ESL. They are looking at the TESOL Certificate as a way to find a part time job in the local market. They see themselves teaching a few hours per week and possibly traveling overseas in the future.
- They have jobs, like to travel, and find the idea of teaching English appealing. They are interested in earning the TESOL Certificate to teach English in another country but not for an extended period of time. They see themselves teaching overseas during their time off from work.
- They are fascinated with the idea of living in another country and see earning the TESOL Certificate as a way to fulfill their dreams. Taking the course is the first step in following their dream of living in a specific place or particular region of the world. They see themselves teaching overseas for an extended period of time, usually a year or more.
There are incredible opportunities for teaching English overseas and locally for those people who are TESOL certified.
Regardless of your goal, earning your SIT TESOL Certificate is a must.
A TESOL Certificate will not only put you on par with all of the other English language teachers but also give you loads of competence.
TESOL Trainers is the #1 provider of TESOL Training in the Southwest
Contact John Kongsvik for More Information
For more on TESOL jobs, take a look at Close Your Eyes, Spin the Globe, and Pick Your Place to Teach.
For related posts, check out the following:
- The Global Need for English Language Teachers
- The Simple Guide to the SIT TESOL Certificate Course
- Getting Certified in TESOL
- Reasons to Get TESOL Certified
- What should I look for in a TESOL Certificate Course?
- What's the Big Difference Between the TESOL Courses
- Finding a TESOL Job Overseas - 5 Crucial Considerations
- Teaching English Overseas: 10 Great TESOL Websites
- TESOL Jobs From the Macro to the Micro
- Close Your Eyes, Spin the Globe, and Pick Your Place to Teach
- 5 Essential TESOL Teaching Skills
- The Experiential Learning Cycle and the SIT TESOL Certificate Course
- The Experiential Learning Cycle: Promoting Positive Teaching Practices
- The Benefits of Guided Practice Teaching